Tasty sauces should not be missing from an extensive fondue. These three recipes are quick and make your mouth and mouth water.
The traditional fondue is originally from France and means something like "melted". Bite-sized bites are dipped in melted cheese in the classic way. Nowadays, fondues with melted chocolate instead of cheese also come under this name.
The following three sauces are the perfect addition to the classic cheese and taste (almost) everyone! By the way: cheese fondue not only tastes good with meat – try different wholemeal breads and vegetables instead. From mushrooms to zucchini, there are no limits.
Sauces for fondue: honey mustard sauce
A honey mustard sauce always goes well with fondue. (Photo: CC0 / Pixabay / annca)
The sweet and spicy taste of this sauce is the culinary icing on the cake of your fondue and tastes particularly good with cucumber, aubergine, zucchini and many other vegetables. For 250ml sauce you need these four ingredients:
- 200ml sour cream,
- 2 Tea spoons honey,
- 2 tsp medium hot mustard,
- salt and pepper.
The preparation of the dip is child’s play: Simply put all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Serve the sauce chilled.
Making mustard yourself is super quick and easy. We show you how to make a basic recipe, which you then …
For the fondue: Spicy aioli sauce
Sauce for fondue: aioli made from garlic, egg and oil. (Photo: CC0 / Pixabay / FranBravoSM)
Aioli is a cold-served cream that you have probably encountered with Greeks. The dip, which comes from the Mediterranean, mainly consists of garlic and oil and goes well with the fondue. For a bowl of Aioli (approx. 250ml) you need:
Note that it’s best to put all the ingredients in Organic quality and should buy from the region. This way you avoid unnecessary ones pesticides and long delivery routes that cause high CO2 emissions. The production of the aioli is very quick, so that you can prepare it freshly shortly before consumption:
- Separate the egg and pour the egg yolk into a small bowl or mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg yolk briefly with a hand mixer or whisk and then add the olive oil. Mix the two ingredients thoroughly.
- Peel the cloves of garlic, press them directly into the egg-oil mixture and stir well. If you like it a bit more acidic, you can add a little dash of an organic lemon. Otherwise you only season with salt and pepper.
Vegan alternative: If you would rather serve a vegan aioli, you can use our recipe for one Aioli without animal products try out.
Raclette is the perfect meal for a spontaneous, sociable evening since you don’t have to prepare a lot. Here you will find delicious …
Delicious dip with curry for fondue
Delicious dip with curry for fondue (Photo: CC0 / Pixabay / MiraCosic)
Our last recipe suggestion is a delicious curry sauce with crème frâiche and onions. For a bowl with approximately 250ml capacity you need the following ingredients:
This sauce is also prepared in just four steps and does not require much experience on the stove:
- Peel and cut the onions and garlic fine, small cubes. Alternatively, you can press the garlic.
- Take a small pan and heat the olive oil therein. Braise the onion cubes and garlic for a few minutes, then add the curry powder and stir well in the pan.
- Next, add the cream and let the sauce boil briefly, stirring constantly, until all ingredients are well combined and the sauce becomes creamy.
- Then put the sauce through a fine sieve and fold in the crème frâiche. Season the dip with salt, pepper, a small pinch of sugar and lemon juice. Serve the curry sauce cool – it should be in the fridge for at least three hours.
Do you eat vegan or would you like to try sauces without animal products? We show you four recipes for delicious …
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!
Here you can get ideas for classic and unusual fondue side dishes. These delicious dishes should not be missing at any social evening or festive…
Decorate cookies – 4 creative ideas
Decorating cookies made easy: We show you four easy ways to decorate your homemade cookies. And best of all: You don’t need any special utensils for…
Finger food recipes – simple ideas for tasty snacks
Finger food recipes should be uncomplicated and quick, and convince every party guest in terms of taste. Our five favorite recipes are suitable for every…
Vegan soen – delicious recipe ideas
Do you eat vegan or would you like to try sauces without animal products? We show you four recipes for delicious sauces that make your kitchen a little…