Tarte flambée is delicious and easy to make yourself. Depending on the season, different rubbers fit. We will show you a recipe for tarte flambée and how you can prove it in a variety of ways.
Tarte flambée: the basic recipe
The tarte flambée, the "tarte flambée", originally comes from Alsace. In the past, the crispy tarte flambée was the test run before baking bread to see if the charcoal oven was hot enough. Today, the tarte flambée is a popular specialty that you can also make crispy and delicious in your home oven. You will need the following ingredients for a large tarte flambee:
And of course you still need a covering of your choice. When you have all the ingredients, you can get started:
- First, dissolve the fresh yeast in the lukewarm water in a cup.
- Put the flour, oil, salt, sugar, milk and yeast dissolved in water in a bowl and stir all the ingredients together.
- Knead from the mass a firm, but supple and easily kneadable dough that does not stick to your hands. You have to knead the dough thoroughly for a few minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball of dough and place it on the baking sheet in the oven.
- Now you heat your oven to 50 ° C, switch it off and let the dough rise for 30 minutes. Then you knead the dough again.
- Dust your work surface with some flour and put the dough on it. With a rolling pin, roll out the dough so thin that it has a height of one to two millimeters.
- To prevent the dough from sticking to the baking sheet later, oil the rolled out dough with a little rapeseed oil and the baking sheet as well. Now you put the rolled out dough on the baking sheet. If you can easily move it back and forth, you’ve used enough oil. Then he can not stick to the sheet.
- Now spread the crème fraîche or sour cream on the dough.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to the crème fraîche as you like. Next is the flooring of your choice.
- Bake your tarte flambée at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes. The edges should not get too dark.
You can vary the topping of your tarte flambé according to your own taste. We show you some ideas for tarte flambée with seasonal vegetables – from spring to winter.
Tarte flambé topping: seasonal vegetables from the region
A springtime variant of tarte flambée with green asparagus. (Photo: CC0 / Pixabay / Dorisworld)
In our season calendar you can read when which fruits and vegetables are currently in season. It is then also available from regional cultivation and therefore only has short transport routes. If you choose regional organic products, you also avoid unnecessary pesticides.
In the spring…
- … you have a wide selection of regional products. Tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and zucchini taste fresh and delicious on the tarte flambee.
- … it can also be something sweet. In the strawberry season, you can light the tarte flambée sweetened creme fraîche bake and then with fresh strawberries occupy.
Recipe ideas: autumn tarte flambée and winter tarte flambee
You can also enjoy tarte flambée sweetly, for example with apple and cinnamon. (Photo: CC0 / Pixabay / Efraim daughter)
In the autumn…
In the winter…
- … you can make your tarte flambé with winter vegetables like Savoy cabbage and leek refine.
- … it will be sweet again – this time with Apple and cinnamon.
You see, tarte flambée can be individually and seasonally to your liking. Feel free to share your favorite topping with the Utopia community in the comments.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!
Pizza rolls – simple recipe and delicious variations
Pizza rolls are a delicious snack for the next party or a cozy movie night. They are made quickly and can be modified at will. We will show you a basic…
Cake without butter – a simple recipe for currant cake
Baking cakes without butter is easy. A fruity currant cake tastes particularly good. We show you how to do this and which alternatives you can use to…
Spelled baguette – simple recipe with spelled flour
A spelled baguette is suitable as a side dish for various dishes. With our recipe you can easily bake it and combine it with delicious dips. Make spelled…
Balsamic onions – simple recipe for the delicious side dish
Balsamic onions are a quick and delicious accompaniment to burgers or grilling. Here we show you how to prepare the balsamic onions yourself in a few…